The Assistant Superintendent’s responsibilities include assisting the Superintendent with the daily supervision of field related construction activities for one or a small number of locally grouped commercial, institutional or industrial construction projects.
Responsibilities include assisting with directing craft personnel and subcontractors; scheduling work activities; overseeing individual projects to assure compliance with the scope and quality as established by the contract documents; enforcement of site cleanliness, safety, health, and substance abuse programs; proactively anticipating and solving problems that could delay construction; promoting and instilling Cook Residential values into the workforce; managing the permit and inspection process, physically inspecting projects to monitor progress and compliance with project standards; maintaining QC/QA files and updating as-built drawings; attending and conducting regularly scheduled progress meetings.
- Ensuring that all projects are performed in accordance with contractual and quality standards
- Scheduling and directing the daily work activities and taking necessary action to ensure that the project objectives of cleanliness, safety, price, schedule, quality and process are met
- Maintaining daily paperwork, such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and e-mail correspondence to keep all involved parties informed of important issues.
- Implementing incremental project schedules that make sure upcoming events are on track and are being proactively attended to
- Promoting and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Participating in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives
- A.S. degree in construction management or similar or five years of direct experience
- Minimum five years of experience in the construction industry with a residential general contractor
- Experience in managing a direct hire workforce and subcontractors