Wait, we already skipped a step. Before the process of purchasing a home, you have to search for homes you’re interested in. You’ll have a choice between New Construction or Resale. Luckily, Cook Residential has MANY homes to choose from in several communities in Northeast Georgia. We also have agents that specialize in Resale. We’re providing both processes, so that no matter what you choose, you’ll be informed. So now that you’ve found a New Construction home you want to buy…
Step 1: Pre-purchase. If you have questions about specific lots or floorplans our superintendents and new home specialists will be available to tell you what you want to know.
Step 2:Contract. The contract will specify the home Cook is building for you. If you have any other questions, ASK THEM NOW. Once you sign the contract you’ll put down a Construction Deposit.
Step 3: Design Center (or Model Sheet Selections). Choose selections and colors for your new home. If you’re only making certain selections, you’ll be able to complete this part of the process at the Model Home with your New Home Specialist. If you’re making major selections or upgrading, you’ll make an appointment with our Design Center at Cook headquarters.
Step 4: Foundation Walk. While walking your lot with your superintendent, they’ll make notes of concerns and questions.
Step 5: Framing Walk. You’ll walk your lot again with your superintendent and discuss the layout of the home. If you have questions about changes, ASK THEM NOW.
Step 6: Final Walk. Your home is now complete. But there may need to be some touch-ups before you move in. You’ll walk the property one last time with the superintendent to address any last concerns.
Step 7: Closing. Once you close, the home is yours and you’re ready to move in. Our closing coordinator makes sure all documents are sent to the proper people.
Step 8: Post-Closing/Orientation/Warranty. You’ll meet with your Cook Representative to collect your keys and other important documents. You’ll learn about the post-closing, orientation and warranty processes.
But wait, you decided to go the Resale route…
Step 1: Offer tendered
Step 2: Negotiations
Step 3: Agree to All Terms
Step 4: Once all parties have signed then you’re BINDING [if earnest money is being put down you generally have three days from your binding date to supply the earnest money].
Step 5: Due Diligence, this is a period after the binding date where all inspections occur, and the buyer makes 100% sure they want this house.
Step 6: After the due diligence period is over, lender will move through the loan process.
Step 7: Lender is required to have an appraisal, where they’ll state the property is worth “x” amount.
Step 8: Clear to close.
Step 9: Call attorney to schedule…
Step 10: CLOSE… Congratulations you’re a homeowner!
If you have a great agent (we have quite a few here at Cook…just sayin’) they’ll be with you through all of these steps to hold your hand and make sure you are aware of what is going to happen next. Purchasing a house can seem daunting and confusing but Cook makes it a clear and exciting process. If you have any questions about homebuying or are interested in learning more about any of our communities, please contact one of our New Home Specialists or Resale Agents! Happy House Hunting!
PRICED TO MOVE QUICKLY!!!
- The Lanier on Bsmt | Lot 26 | 4 BR | 2.5 BA |$287,900 1312 Windstone Ct. Winder, GA
- The Oconee | Lot 8 | 3 BR | 2.5 BA | $256,900 1235 Windstone Ct. Winder, GA
- The Sinclair | Lot 1 | 3 BR | 2 BA | $261,900 1209 Windstone Dr. Winder, GA
- The Notley | Lot 4 | 4 BR | 2.5 BA | $226,900 | 4336 Highland Gate Pkwy Gainesville, GA
- The Gramercy | Lot 101 | 4 BR | 3 BA | $268,900 | 4410 Highland Gate Pkwy Gainesville, GA
- The Oconee on bsmt | Lot 34 | 3 BR | 2.5 BA | $284,900 | 4375 Yonah Park Gainesville, GA
- The Sinclair | Lot 79 | 3 BR | 2 BA | $241,900 | 5737 Grant Station Dr. Gainesville, GA
- The Shelly | Lot27 | 3 BR | 3.5 BA | $252,900 | 5808 Ridgedale Ct. Gainesville, GA
- The Lucy | Lot 74 | 4 BR | 3.5 BA | $239,900 | 5761 Grant Station Dr. Gainesville, GA
- The Oconee – Lot 118 — 3 BR | 2.5 BA $289,900 | 5246 Redhawk Dr. Gainesville, GA
- The Sinclair w/ bonus — Lot 95— 3 BR | 2 BA | 5527 Woodstream Ct. Gainesville, GA – SOLD
- The Shelly— Lot 119 — 3 BR | 3.5BA $287,900 5242 Red Hawk Dr. Gainesville, GA
For more information on any of these homes, send us a message on our contact page or stop by any of our new homes communities!